CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Change in Our Ward Family Today


Today has brought much change in many lives of our Brookvale Ward.

Our son in law is now our Bishop of our Ward. So our oldest daughter is the Bishops wife.

You read of the young being called to these callings, but when it is in your family it is really young ;.)

Being called to be the Bishop is a amazing calling, that Heavenly Father knows you are capable to take on this challenge in your life and the life of those you are over in your stewardship. As wife of the Bishop you can make his job amazing or even more challenging for him.

When my husband was called to be the Bishop ten years ago in June 2000. I could not believe this was really happening. Now people in the past would tease me and call me Bishop. Only in joking. When I walked into the room to be interviewed we really thought that he would be called as a counselor to the new Bishop. Not be called as the new Bishop. I remember turning around since I was first to walk into the room, and said, "You don't want to go in there, it is not what we thought." President Taylor was calling me back into the room and my husband was embarrassed by the way I was acting.

A little side note, when I am overly nervous, I am louder in voice and very much more out spoken.

When I walked into President Taylors office I expected to just see him there, instead there were two other men in this room. One I had met at our oldest daughters wedding reception just one year prier, and had heard stories of him wearing a gun and putting it on the table when he made callings. Since he is an Oakland Police Officer. The other man was our son in laws father. I also knew they were not in the Fremont Stake, they were in the Hayward Stake so a double whammy was happening in our lives. Our stake was going to be changed from Fremont to Hayward and my husband was going to be called the Bishop of the Brookvale Ward.

So in two weeks our three wards in the Fremont Stake changed. The Creekside Ward was dissolved, half of them went to the Centerville Ward and stayed in the Fremont Stake. The other half went to the Brookvale Ward. The Coyote Hills Ward was also changed part of them went to the Brookvale Ward and part of the Union City Ward came into the Coyote Hills Ward. The next week my husband became the Bishop for the Brookvale Ward on Fathers day. Shaleah and Scott were going to be married in the next two weeks. What more could we see in a short time?

When it was time for my husband to be release as the Brookvale Ward Bishop, I felt strongly that the next Bishop's wife needed a manual. This is something that when you are called into a Presidency of the church you are given manuals to learn of what your calling entails. So I made a manual for the next Bishop wife. I had wished that I had been given a manual. So this manual has my testimony and my feelings of these events in our lives. I passed this on to Sister Lathrop. She has passed it on to Sister Taylor and I hope that Sister Taylor will pass this on to Sister Willyerd.

Bishop Willyerd and Sister Willyerd are going to see wonderful blessing given to each of them and to each of their children. Heavenly Father is the only one with full knowledge of the plan for each of us. Yes we may say there is this person and there is that person who can do this calling. It is what, and who Heavenly Father wants into that calling. When we finally accept that fact that he knows and knows we will do well if we will call on him, the calling runs a little better in his hands.

Life here is learning, listening, asking, praying, helping, serving, studying, reading, and thanking Heavenly Father for the love, trust and knowing we can accomplish all things with his help.

1 comments:

Anonymous

I love this post.

If you made a manual, you should publish it! =o)

Post a Comment