CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, November 8, 2010

I have stolen this post from Corinneee, she has shared so many sweet and memorable thoughts that I wanted to have this post on my blog. She will love this because it is just her and I that read this blog. ;.)

Thank you Corinneee for the surprise on my birthday, it is true to have had a video camera would have been exciting to post ;.)



Friday, October 29, 2010

Happy Birthday to my Mom

I'm not big on birthday posts. I don't know if I've really done one for anyone other than Wesley.

Today is my mom's birthday.

She is 58 years old.

She doesn't care that I just typed that. She doesn't mind people knowing how old she is - she's not embarrassed by it. I like that about her. She doesn't even remember how old she is half the time anyways. I like that about her too.

I am usually at her house on her birthday - bearing some kind of Halloween type present (since it's only a few days away) and singing her some kind of lame jingle that I made up.




This is her birthday cake almost every year - since her birthday is so close to Halloween.


Sad isn't it?





I hate living far away from my mom - 2 hours IS far away people. It feels like 10 hours when you have a little boy that HATES being in the car and screams most of the way. Also, Mallory is totally into "Annie" right now and she sings "The sun will come out tomorrow" at the top of her lungs in the car all the time. It makes me want to jab sharp objects into my ear drums. I'm serious. She is NOT the next American Idol.

Back to my mom.

I was looking for pictures of her on my computer today.




All the ones I could find have her with her flipped out hair and braces.


I want to share some stuff about my mom .. stuff that you may or may not already know about her.


It's not in any particular order .. and I'm not going to number them.



My mom's name is Susan Petersen. She hates when people call her Sue or Susie. She also hates being called Susan. She prefers if people call her Mrs. Petersen, Sister Petersen (for those at church) or Haddie.




I call my mom Sue.


I've been calling her that for a while now. She calls me Corinne (my middle name) and I call her Sue. That's what we do.



My mom loves Valentines Day. She LOVES hearts. She loves .. love. Is that possible? Growing up she would always put candy under our pillows, make heart pancakes, pink milk .. you get the idea.



As a matter of fact, she usually goes all out for ALL holidays. She loves holidays. She's very childlike that way.



She loves giving gifts - loves surprising you with something that she knows you want. She never expects anything in return.



My mom is a very hard worker.




Here she is helping demo the house that Shaleah and Scott bought years ago.




She's the first to roll up her sleeves and get to work when it's needed. She doesn't have to be told what to do. She just does it.




She loves these.







She always buys me my own package. They are always double stuf. I love her for that.




My mom and dad met when my mom was 12 and dad was 14. They've known eachother a long time.







They are still SO in love. She always wants to take kissing pictures when we do family pictures. My dad isn't huge on public displays of affection. My mom makes him kiss her anyways. I love that.































Don't you LOVE all of those?



My mom hates when people lie to her.

She loves DARK chocolate.

She doesn't drink soda. Not because it's bad for you, she just hates carbonation.


She drinks more water in a day than our whole family combined. It's ridiculous how much water she drinks.


She LOVES Disneyland and anything related to Disney.



She LOVES cats. She loves all animals, but she really loves cats the most.



She's a terrible driver. (She'll admit it)


She lived in Hawaii when she was younger. I could see her retiring there, as long as the entire family moved there with her.



She loves Christmas music and will often play it through out the year. She will also decorate for Christmas as early as dad will let her. One year it was right after Halloween.



She is a take charge kind of woman. She's intimidating too .. so you do what she says.



She's always right.



She always reads my mind. She also gives great advice.




She loves her grandkids. She loves being a grandma.



When she was raising us, she thought that we would stay young and live with her forever. She never imagined us growing up and moving out. She says she "didn't plan for that." She hates that everyone has moved out.



She loved summer vacation and hated when we had to go back to school.


She hates being alone.


She's afraid of the dark.


She can not speak ANY other language. She just can't. She tries to learn, but it just doesn't stick.


Her fridge is ALWAYS full of food. Her freezer is ALWAYS stocked with ice cream. (the good kinds)


She owns more skirts than anyone I know.


She won't throw anything away.


She's very in tune with the spirit. She's very knowledgable when it comes to the gospel and scriptures. She taught seminary for 10 years.


She loves getting up early and can live on little sleep.






She's a librarian at an elementary school. She loves reading stories to the kids. I think she likes collecting books even more than reading them.





She was at the birth of both my kids. She acts like a kid at Christmas during labor and delivery. She can't wait to meet these new spirits as they come into the world.




She loves her family. They always come first.


She will drop everything for you when you are in need.




I was 38 weeks pregnant with Zach in this picture. Don't judge.




She is my best friend. I love you mom. Happy, Happy Birthday Sue!

0 comments:

Post a Comment